Monday, June 19, 2006

Liar's Poker

Two weeks back I purchased Liar's Poker. I was at the Oxford Book Store, and I called up the sister in Calcutta for recommendations. In a very sleepy voice she tells me to find something for myself. Nevertheless I ended up buying Liar's Poker and Ecstasy. I've finished reading Liar's Poker and I must say that its a really good book. Though the underlying theme is of finance, specifically bonds, yet the book should be required reading for just about anyone in the corporate world. It just goes to show how self-destructive, fiefs and office politics can be in a company.
My interest in finance has been generally high. This book has stoked the interest further. There were many terms that left me clueless but only served to increase my curiosity.
Up next would be reading Ecstasy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home